(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

North Korea's nuclear test - 05-25-2009, 08:26 PM

OK I'll start it.

channelnewsasia.com - World fury over North Korea nuclear bomb test

Quote:
WASHINGTON: North Korea's nuclear bomb test drew stern rebukes on Monday from global leaders with US President Barack Obama warning of "grave" danger and Israel stressing "negative implications" in the Middle East.

South Korea put its military on alert and world powers frustrated by failed diplomatic efforts to rein in Pyongyang demanded a firm response ahead of a United Nations' Security Council emergency meeting later Monday in New York.

Even China, the secretive North's closest international ally, expressed "resolute opposition".

The North Korean explosion - an underground blast the size of a mid-sized earthquake, according to seismologists - was a much bigger follow-up to its first nuclear test in 2006.

It came amid reports that Pyongyang also tested a short-range missile.

"North Korea's nuclear ballistic missile programmes pose a grave threat to the peace and security of the world and I strongly condemn their reckless actions," Obama said in a statement.
What are people's reactions?

My thoughts?

The Korean war never ended and this is the result of decades of appeasement and attempted reconciliation. What we are dealing with is an oppressive regime with no regard for it's own citizens.

We've been waiting for North Korea's regime to implode for a long time... It's not going to happen anytime soon.

If the US is considering attacking North Korea then it should do so soon before North Korea actually acquires the technology to deliver a nuclear payload.

I would wholeheartedly support an attack on North Korea.