Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
05-30-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Wow!

That's interesting! Have you ever been to one? What sort of people typically go to these baths? I mean I can imagine it being for naturists etc...
I have been to one. This places are mostly in rural areas where there is only one large bath (as in the place i was) and not to mayn tourists and hardly any foreigners. In Sukayu there was one big bath mixed and small baths seperated by gender. When i was in the mixed bath there were not many women because there was 1 hour a day only for woman. People who go there are mostly old people like nyorin said in most public sento.
I dont think its that weird, if you think about many Sauna-places in Europe. And they are not only for naturist. I was even in 1 place wich was seperated, but the people walking over the closeby bridge could fully see in the mans bath. I started laughing as one of the guys in the bath got up and waved to the people on the bridge ^^

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)