View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-22-2009, 03:09 PM

$80 for two episodes?! Jesus! I think twice about buying high quality SHOES for that price, let alone a friggin' DVD! I mean, that's blatantly a rip-off; no wonder no one buys them. How much does making the DVD itself cost anyway? Probably minimal costs.

I find the same difficulty in the UK, it's usually about £20 for 4 episodes (So a better deal than in Japan, but still pricey), and normally there's the first few volumes and then nothing else. I've kind of given up on it; it's just too expensive, especially as I'm the kind of person who doesn't really ever invest in the fan base. Time wise, I mean. I watch anime and drama the same way some people watch soaps; it's a quick entertainment fix, not a $1000 hobby.

I do pick up books though, if I really liked a series, but that can be hard to source as well. Cheaper though; usually about £5-10 per book. On the other hand, it took me several months to get hold of a copy of vol 8 of the last print of Sailor Moon that wasn't going to cost me ridiculous amounts.