View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-22-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think it is best to read the whole article, as something seemed suspicious to me in the snippets Niyusu clipped. Illegal downloading is only one part of the problem, but it is a major problem for the exporting of anime. The two issues are 1) high priced DVDs and 2) thanks to the Internet fans are aware of what is happening in Japan, and they don't have the patience to wait for an official English release. TV Tokyo joined up with Crunchyroll so that for 7 bucks a month you can get official subtitled releases on your computer of anime faster then the fansubbers can sub them. That is a great deal! And this will probably be the future of the industry. Digital DL is the way of the future, and the industries are starting to see that.
I'm gonna have to disappoint you MMM, but for 7 bucks people get a chance to see their favourite episodes 1 day (if not even less) sooner then those who illegally download them, fansubbers work really fast. Maybe this 7 bucks a month membership on Crunchyroll will attract few impatient die-hard fans, but that's it, the situation won't really change that much as some people might believe.