View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKat View Post
I've illegally downloaded/pirated/stolen anime in the past. It was free, it was there and I wanted to know if it was good or not. If it was good, I went ahead and bought the real deal. If it wasn't, delete ahoy it's wasting space on my drive.

I don't feel bad about it to be honest. I'm not gonna know whether I like something or not unless I try it and I'm sure not going to fork out for something sight unseen. I wonder why it is these people are assuming that every download represents a lost sale? Just because people are getting it for free, it doesn't mean they'd pay for it.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that's really not my intention.

PS: New business model please.
Unfortunately you are in the minority. But you are still stealing and it is still illegal.

When did this sense of privilege to test-drive something before we buy come from? I'll buy a CD from an artist I like without knowing if it is good or not. I pay for a movie at the movie theater before I watch it, not after...and choose to pay whether I liked it or not. The entertainment industry doesn't work that way. You are seeing the results. "Fans" would rather steal than reward those entertaining them for what they received.

All anime that is for sale has promos, commercials, reviews, etc. available for free and legally. Next time go to the publisher's site and check those out instead of downloading, excuse me, stealing and deciding to pay for it, or not, later.