View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythix View Post
So, I heard that a majority of hotels in Tokyo are more geared toward men/businessmen and aren't that friendly to the female gender, let alone travelling women. I am not sure if this is true, but I have heard it from a few of my friends who seem to insist that it's true, as well as it was hinted on in Shojo Beat not too long ago. I mean, they act like this issue is serious business or something, but it just doesn't seem like that would be truthful, in such extremes...

I am not sure if I am getting the name of the Hotel franchise right, but I heard that the 'Pod' hotels are more geared towards men than women, which are hotels that their rooms are 'pods' and tend to be the cheapest, too. Has anyone heard about these hotels and gender preference rumors, and do you guys have any info about it?

(And, haha, if your willing, do you have any advice on what hotels are best when travelling to Tokyo, if you have been there?)
Capsule hotels are often men only. Business hotels and normal hotels are for everyone.