View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-06-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
So I have to disagree completely with you, I think most of them are really masterpieces in every possible way and I love Mononoke Hime. I agree that adult people can enjoy those films too, but usually I don't. I hate "Finding Nemo" and "A Bug's Life", I really can't stand them at all. But like I said before I like some Disney films too, especially "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000" and I like "Alice In Wonderland" a bit just because I like Lewis Carrol.

Also if you don't know Lion King was ripped of Osamu Tezuka's "Kimba" while "Atlantis" was ripped from "Nadia" from Japanese Studio Gainax and the director of this film was dismissed for this reason.
I like Princess Mononoke too, but mostly because it's beautiful to look at. Other than that, though... well, I kind of think that movie is boring. But, if you didn't like Finding Nemo, then we definitely just don't have the same taste in movies.

I've heard the theory that The Lion King took the idea from Kimba, but when I looked at it, the story line for Kimba and The Lion King was nothing alike. If anything, The Lion King ripped off Hamlet. If people think that The Lion King ripped off Kimba because of the idea of drawing lions - well, I personally think that's a little silly. It's like someone making a movie about birds and then saying, "You ripped off the Fruit Loops mascot!" Lions exist. Anyone can take inspiration from that.

I don't know anything about The Little Mermaid ripping off Nadia, but I do know that it was based on the Western fairytale of The Little Mermaid. In fact, I think it's actually based on a book. So, I don't know anything about that.

LOVE: pass it on