(#12 (permalink))
Old
Aether (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aether
07-14-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunker View Post
Hakone is up in the hills and is very nice for onsen, its an hour out of tokyo, and you can see mt fuji on your way. you can do a bit of hiking there too, nice an naturey and stuff.

tokyo has just about anything you want so it might be more helpful to list what you are looking for as opposed to what youre not.
Hakone sounds like a nice place to visit. One of my worries about living in Tokyo is that I may become overwhelmed by city life, so I would like to have some places in mind that move at a slower pace. Hiking and going to an onsen sound like great options.

And yeah, I realize that I may not have been very descriptive of places I would like to go to in Tokyo, but I guess that is because I am not fully sure. I realize Tokyo truly has a lot of things to offer, so I guess what I am asking the members here is if there is anything in particular that stands out among the rest. It could be a place that you really enjoyed during your own time in Tokyo, or ever a place you heard about from a friend and it sounded interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite View Post
I read somewhere it's can come in handy to take a electronic dictionary with you. It's practical when you don't understand a kanji or word (Akihabara is a good place to buy this, see link below =)) .

I advise you to read this: Untitled Document
Maybe it comes in handy.
That article was a good read. It was nice to be able to read about another person's study abroad experiences in Tokyo, and it gave me a few useful tips to keep in mind.

As for an electronic dictionary, I got 漢字そのまま楽引辞典 for my DS. I think I won't need more than that while I am in Japan. It has the ability to write in Kanji I don't know, and that would be my main concern.