View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
hey all thanks for the fantastic replies...i am gonna be there for 18 days...and the aim of the trip would be to indulge ourselves with the more cultural side(parks,castle etc)....and we dont really
wanna shop,Also if i may ask...if i wanted more scenic nature views wouldnt okinawa be a good choice?or is it too 'couples only go there' kind thing?because i am planning to go with 2 other guys,and we would very much like to have a 'adventure' is this kind of sub urban places...Oh yes we are planning to hit japan in the early December...Does the weather at that time make it impossible to go places Okinawa to hike mountains for example.
if possible i would like to know if there's any major festival happening around that time in japan?

Sorry if i went off topic,and thanks in advance for answering my questions
You can see beaches, mountains, and all the rest in Kansai too, along with many other things you can't see in Okinawa. Shirahama beach is down the Wakayama coast a ways, for instance, and there are tons of mountains nearby to hike in or visit. (Koya-san, for example, or near Nachi waterfall, or you could go hiking in the Japan Alps a little ways to the east of Takayama.)

The weather will probably be pretty cold, but there have been mild winters that were quite comfortable at that time too. You might consider traveling west and visiting Miyajima, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, and other parts of Kyushu. It's warmer down south in winter, and Kyushu has some very nice sites to see... I went there at the end of December when I was living there and had a great trip. Nagasaki is an especially interesting city! What I then did is take a ferry over to Matsuyama, and looped back to Osaka across the top of Shikoku so as to see new things both coming and going.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan

Last edited by samurai007 : 07-18-2009 at 03:57 PM.