Thread: Osaka or Tokyo?
View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
07-31-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikanena View Post
I actually lived in Osaka for a good month and a half as a foreign exchange student. I have never been to tokyo... except to catch a plane. So therefore I will say OSAKA! It's extremely nice! Kyoto is just a small distance away. The kansai dialect is fun to hear! The people are SOOOOO friendly and will always have a chat with you or let you know some directions. There are nice tourist like places, AMEMURA, Shinsaibashi, namba, right in osaka. (good for shopping) and OF COURSE the food!!!!!! Osaka has a very different taste in their food... but it is definitely YUMMY! Try going for some of the stands... or the basement malls! Cheap and yummy food. I guess it depends if you want to go more traditional and leisure like... go ahead for osaka (even though their night life is pretty cool too) but if you want more of a tourist and WAH exerience..... with a great shopping spree and cool lights then head for Tokyo...(my host sister loves going there... haha)
Hey i used to live in osaka as well, with my father and grandfather. I will go with Osaka because i had a lot of fun there, the food is awesome, i made afew friends there, and well that was the only part of japan that I've ever been to but when ever i go back and visit other city's i may reconsider..maybe.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog

Last edited by Tsuruneru : 07-31-2009 at 07:46 AM.