View Single Post
(#430 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-04-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
None woud be the answer. And why do you ask? So you can come up with a smart and cunning comeback?
Pardon me for being smart and cunning. Didn't realize those were bad things.

America has all these things wrong with it and yet almost the rest of the world has everything about itself in check already.

But what do you know about the rest of the world? I don't mean to be so direct, but I feel like a broken record when I say, again today, that the people that say "I hate America" most often have never lived anywhere else, so you really don't know what it means to live in America and appreciate what you have until you have lived somewhere else.

Do you think as a person of color things are going to be "in check" in Japan? In Korea? In almost every other country in the world? (your words)

Get outside your borders and you will realize that no place is perfect. Either make it yours or move on. You are not proud to be an American, but you don't know any other lifestyle, so how can you know if you are not proud or not? You know how the rest of the world sees us? How can you know that unless you have been out there?