(#27 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-08-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
clintjm - Allow me to ask.

Have you ever looked into actually adopting a child in Japan?
Let me guess - No. Some of us, however, have. Some of us know foreigners who adopted children in Japan. Some of us know foreigners in Japan with adopted children brought from elsewhere.
You have made it quite clear that you don`t really like Japan, don`t enjoy living there, and have serious issues with the culture and lifestyle. Some people do not. Learn to live with it.
Yes you may ask..

Yes, but I seriously doubt that those children you speak of meet the items listed in tsuwabuki post... young single parent adopting from the US, then taking that child to a foreign country. If a US adoption agency in any state allowed this, then they would be negligent.

In regards to your cross post reply:
Never said I didn't like Japan... love it in fact...
Don't know where you get this idea about me hating culture and lifestyle... again love it.
Just don't like how society will always treat foreigners ...
I understand you have beer glasses on now being young and in Japan now... , one day you will understand if you continue to live in Japan.

I have accepted this fact and will live it. However for those who paint it to be all peaches and cream, I have a write to voice my opinion and tell those who decide to go to Japan to expect what I have stated in this and the other thread "whats it like?".

I'm not going to give up on the US or run away from the problems that exist there either. Replies such as well if such and such gets better or I don't feel wierd in such and such situation, I might live there again if I choose... make me angry (or MAD if you will).

Well the thread actually is about tsuwabuki adopting from his home country, Us/Texus. Not Japan. Its an unfortunate fact for me and my wife that we will most likely have to adopt to have a child. It is next to impossible to adopt from Japan - for a foreigner... maybe not by law... but the unwritten ones will always make this so.. (this is true even so that my wife is Japanese). We have looked into one in Kyushuu but we were told "on the side" it is unlikely but could start the paperwork because we met the "requirements".