(#40 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-13-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyroboto View Post
You are all a bunch of beer virgins in my book. Not one person has mentioned the two best and cheapest beers you can buy.

Kirin Strong 7 - Ahhh! this is a deep coloured and flavorsome beer with a knockout 7% alc content. This is a beer that will give many Euro brands a run for their money. It is a new beer that has all of the history of the Stella's and Kronenburgs of this world in it's taste. Average price per 500ml can ¥178, best price I have so far ¥159
Yanno, I wasn't so impressed with this one. I think the commercials put me off more than anything else... some guy standing on top of a building with the wind whipping his coat, takes a swig and reacts like he just swallowed a beaker of acid. Most of the beer commercials do this, too, and I invariably find myself rolling my eyes and muttering about how the locals can't drink. Culturally imperialistic of me, yes, but even though it's 7%, it's just the same watery substance with just more alcohol. It's not THAT strong.

Don't get me wrong, I still drink it cuz it does the job. XD

I'm just not a beer guy outside of lagers.

What do you think of chuhai? It's beer but not technically beer so they can dodge the beer tax, right? (Or so I'm told)

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。