View Single Post
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

08-16-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
And the problem extends beyond the family in most cases. All you have to do is be the one person in an office who does not have children (by choice) and you will find that you are the one expected to work around other parents' problems. You will be asked to cover when they are absent, give them priority on tradtional family holidays, and numerous other minor irritations that will soon become major ones because of the frequency.

After years of this I have learned to truly value to stay-at-home parent. I wish more of my generation would have chosen to either stay at home and raise children, or work full time. One or the other!

I realize that financially this is not always possible, but I am beyond bearing the brunt of other people's poor family planning.
Ahhh. I do see what you mean. It is an annoyance and if a parent needs to work, things should be more organized at home, unless an emergency occurs.

I can understand when they would need to leave work because of unexpected child sickness and school breaks/vacations... but I think it's inappropriate to have work schedules changed because of poor planning. But it is appropriate to have schedules changed because of certain holidays when kids are off and the parent needs to watch kids that aren't old enough to be on their own.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780