View Single Post
(#77 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-17-2009, 08:27 AM

Personally, I think whether they stay at home or not is irrelevant. What matters is if they are a good parent or not.

If I had to stay at home all day with a kid, I'd jump off a cliff. For me, having a baby now would be the easy way out. I'd have a house and all my bills paid. But my career comes first over everything, so I don't want children anyway.

Working mothers and fathers have positives, if they explain to their children the value of work, which would likely instill work ethic in their children. Stay at home mothers and fathers are able to to spend more time with their children and aid their development.

The view that women should stay at home is ridiculous, as it is gender irrelevant. The simple answer to that is not to marry a man who thinks you should. Equally, the point of feminism is that women have the choice to stay at home or not, and it annoys me when women are ridiculed for staying at home. And of course, it annoys me when stay at home Dad's are told that their role is to earn the money, when it's gender irrelevant and probably more income-relevant.