(#334 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-16-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinkhoo View Post
Asia and China's Rise as world leading powers has nothing to do with government nor politic, it would come to being simply because of hardworking people:

"If there is a secret to Asian growth, it is simply deferred gratification, the willingness to sacrifice current satisfaction for future gain." -Paul Krugman (1995)

no one on this planet can dispute the simply fact that Asian like Japanese and Chinese are willing to work and save for their future. it is the people that decide the fate of the world, I find it stupid how you guys are arguing over politic which has little to do with the success of Asia.

the implication of Paul's statement has a profound effect on our understanding of US weakness. US is not a poor country, why can't it invest in it future as heavily as Asian countries? the reason is as stated: the people think of only today's benefit. if American as large private saving, the banks would be able to fund all the investment, instead today's US bank make their profit by borrowing from the government to loan to American for profit. the fact that US banks are making a killing this year due to increase in interest rate for debt is just a sad reality of the shape the US economy is in.

it also means it is easy for them to fix their problem, all they have to do is do what Asian do and start saving!
Though i disagree with some portions of your post and its really not as simple as you have made it out to be (saving is good but not for America right now), i do agree with the direction. You support my statement about change not from a political POV but by human standards. Hardwork pays off that is a fact but its not what we are arguing over. Our mindsets and our perception of the world is what we are arguing over.

Ronin4hire and myself tend to think of the problems of the world globally not region specific and not total governments or culturally based, basically humanity as whole needs to change its perspective. Komitsuki tends to think in terms that are more cultural based and region specific hence our discussion over East and West. You see the problem

Last edited by Sinestra : 09-16-2009 at 05:05 PM.