View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Yamiko (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Yamiko
Job in Japan Question - 09-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Hello,

I read some posts about jobs in Japan. But I got confused about college degree and Japanese test requirements...

I met my deaf Japanese friend in Taipei, Taiwan. I told her that I wanted to move Japan but I was not sure how I find job in Japan because I need to get visa if I have job in Japan. She told me that I need to pass Japanese test to get visa. However, some people don't speak/speak little in Japanese and live in Japan... So, do I need to take Japanese test to live in Japan?

I talked with my other Japanese friend about job in Japan. He asked me what I have skills in computer. I told him that I know java and c++ programming languages but knoew java more. He suggested me to work as java programmer at foreign company because many deaf JP people work there. And java is popular in market. I asked him if I need college degree to work as computer programmer. He said no. However, I read some posts that said companies require college degree for IT.... So, do I really need college degree to work as java programmer? I don't have bachelor degree. I have associate degree only.

Sorry for my English grammar. :/ If my English is not clear, I will try to rewrite.