View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura87 View Post
I am looking for a way to have the apperance that my eyes are bigger.
I heard of lenses like the ones on MyCandyEyes.com
but am not sure about them. Anyone ever used them?

Please advise.

Thanks.
When you say your 'eyes', do you mean the whole of the eye, or the coloured iris? Whole of eye, unless the structure is very deep-set and narrowed, can be easily made to look wider and fresher with makeup.

If you mean the iris, then that's much more difficult. Contacts are really your only option, but if your vision is naturally good, then I wouldn't recommend them. Cosmetic contacts aren't necessarily guaranteed to be wearable daily or for longer than a few hours, and they are also likely to dry easily. Buy only from a reputable company, and if you do get them, you should check in with an optician every now and then (6 months maybe?). Why? Because if the lenses aren't right for your eyes, or dry too much (and it can be hard to guess what's bad 'dry' and whats a bit 'itchy'), then they can actually damage your eyes.

By damage, I mean the plastic starts acting like sandpaper on your eye and scratches it. It's easily fixed (don't wear the lenses!) but it's not something you want in the first place.