View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

10-16-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konbini View Post
There are plenty of options but it depends how much you want to spend.

Hotels are quite expensive. Expect to pay at least $150 AUD.
Hostels are cheaper. You can get private rooms for about $50 or share for as little as $25 or $30. In Tokyo I stayed at Tokyo Prince hotel. It is nice place near Shiba park and Tokyo Tower. Asakusa Ryokan Toukaisou is a good hostel in Tokyo. In Kyoto I recommend Hotel Keihan near Kyoto station. However, you might want to stay in a ryokan to get a more traditional feel.
That will depends on the kind of hotel. I usually spend around 40-50 a night for business hotel, they are not the best, but (for myself anyways) its only for a place to sleep, so who cares, as long as its clean. Try Oak hotel, its off of Ueno, you can book through Japanhotel.net. Imagine an inside stateroom or a cruise boat, the business hotels are usually similar, but with private bath and washroom. I pay around 7500 yen for a night (Double occupancy) for this type of accomodation.....

Of course if you really have the money to spare, then you can always consider Peninsula (start at around USD600 a night), or Park Hyatt (USD 585 a night)...