View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-15-2009, 05:22 AM

Hotel: Toyoko Inn.
Location: There is one in almost every decent sized city, and some tiny ones too.
Overall Score: 8/10
---------------------------
Score
location:8/10, they are almost always situated near or not far from the local transport hub, be it the JR station, or the bus terminal
Staff language proficiency: 5/10, some of the staff doesnt speak english, some do, but not to worry, i havent met one that didnt take the time to try and understand my crap japanese. they look after you well.
Cleaniness: 10/10, clean, modern facilities, great housekeeping.
Price: 8/10, prices vary around the country but they average Y2,500 to Y7,000 a night per person, depending on location of course. for the location, service, its great. it's cheap if you consider that it includes a japanese breakfast, ie hot rice, miso soup and something else on the side. sometimes they throw in dinner as well, one place did japanese curry free.

Comment:

Its a great chain, and the hotel is staffed exclusively by women. company policy or something like that. their proximity to transportation links make them the perfect place to stay for anyone doing alot of travelling around japan.

and hey, i just googled and they even have an english website:
Hotel Reservations - Hotel Chain Toyoko Inn