Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
11-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushirestaurant View Post
Hello,
wrong assumption...first time Id be running a restaurant. Run other kind of companies. But please enlight me on all the critical issues you believe I should be aware of. Thanks! Andrea
Your are highly likely to los e your shirt. I spend 2 years as a restaurant kitchen inspector and about 3 as an assistant buyer for a restaurant, along with having managed or co-managed businesses in other fields. The restaurant business is proabably the worst one to ever venture into without a very solid knowledge of at least the back of the house! Do not do this!

The Executive Chef runs the kitchen, but trust me, YOU have to run the EC. Even if they are honest enough not to steal you blind, they can not do it all.

And when you factor in a very precise cuisine using the most perishable ingredient on the planet you are headng for disaster.

I hate to discourage anyone's initative and inspiration when it comes to a business, but I don't want to encourage something that could ruin your life and any future hopes in the restaurant industry. Trust me when I say that if you open this type of restauarant and fail, the failure will follow you forever.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.