View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
superabbytcs (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to superabbytcs Send a message via MSN to superabbytcs Send a message via Yahoo to superabbytcs
11-20-2009, 10:38 PM

I am no sushi expert, however I will try to give you information I have learned just from reading. First of all, you of course need chefs who were trained to specialize in sushi. I assume you already know this but I am just making sure! =) Secondly, you need to have a fresh source for your fish. If possible, you should get a location that is near a fish market. The quantity of fish depends on how big the establishment will be.

I suggest reading the book "The Story of Sushi" (formerly titled The Zen of Fish) by Trevor Corson. It is very indepth about the ingredients, how they are made, where they are from, how the sushi is prepared, and there are a few chapters on sushi restaurants and and how sushi started in the U.S.

Don't limit yourself to resources when it comes to sushi. You can find a ton of articles and websites about sushi. This may not be the best place to get your information.

Like I said, I am not expert, but I certainly love sushi! =) I hope your business prospers!