(#170 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-26-2009, 07:27 AM

No one is trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsDaffy View Post
call me outlander, and i will be the auslander, and force you (mr official) to struggle with your english, and when you do i will take great pleasure in correcting your grammar, and look at you and talk to you like your retarded just because you can't speak my language as well as me.

or sometimes i give them that look that the rural french give you if you dare to speak thier language with anything other than perfect accent. (even though i am insisting that they address me in english)

also it can be usefull, when you are white, and in another country and get people to talk english to you, they automatically asume you dont understand the local lingo

as i said though, not the quickest way to get through customs
Fair enough. So what you're saying is, if someone assumes you're an "outsider" (gaijin) by speaking to you in English, then you like to play as though you really are a foreigner who has no idea.

This is okay, so long as when someone talks to you properly in Japanese you reply respectfully and in Japanese. If you don't speak the language, ask them politely if they speak English.

I can relate to this I suppose; when people assume because I'm white I can speak English, I like to reply in Russian and pretend I have no idea how to speak English beyond "Me not speak English" in a thick Russian accent... you should try that one.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…