View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

01-03-2010, 12:28 AM

If I had that choice, I'd do a combo that'd be Fencing with either Tae Kwon Do or Jiu Jutsu.

This is regular Jiu Jutsu, right? Not Brazilian Jiu Jutsu, which is very different.

Fitness is about consistency, Noodle. You want to be exercising 5 days a week to see decent results. Don't be shy to take up 2 or 3 different styles to work them into your own 5 day routine. I used to do Kung Fu on Mon, Tue, Wed, Karate on Thur and Sat, and Brazilian Jiu Jutsu on Fri. They were all about 1:30 - 2 hour lessons. It gives you a broader perspective, more skills, and you'll get very fit.

What a lot of styles do, only training 2 or 3 times a week, it is not enough for your fitness needs. You'll find dojos with more skilled teachers, however, train about 5 days a week. If one of those styles is only teaching once or twice a week, it may not be a very good class.

Also, Qi Gong is an internal style of Kung Fu. It'd be better if your goal was relaxation rather than fitness.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 01-03-2010 at 12:34 AM.