View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post interests - 01-28-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The defense of Japan is a US interest. Defense of American bases is a US interest.
Then why those "defenders" caused so much problems to, say, Okinawa inhabitants? Oh, you are right. They defend American interests. It's a TOP priority. Therefore, they can spit upon secondary interests of locals.

quote :

KADENA - THOUSANDS of residents of Japan's southern island of Okinawa Saturday staged a protest against the presence of the US military on the eve of a major rally against a controversial airbase.

Some 2,500 people living in Kadena town, which already hosts a large US Air Force base that frequently provokes complaints over the noise of jet planes flying day and night, protested a government proposal the city accept another US military installation.

Okinawa protests over US base

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Again, I would like to hear why you think ordinary Japanese people are no longer interested in the American defense of Japan.
....why ordinary Japanese people are no longer interested in the American presence in Japan? I think, because Japanese have their own Military Forces called JSDF. They need not Big Brother anymore. But this is my opinion you asked for. Let's ask members of this forum from Japan?