View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-29-2010, 04:36 AM

Thermogard, what experience do you have with the USN or Japan? What experience do you have with the USN presence in Japan?

I was Navy, I currently have an affiliation with the Navy, and I have a civilian job in Japan. So, I have to wonder how much "field experience" you have with these matters. I've seen the protests, been up close and personal to them. Also my coworkers know of my previous position and current affiliation. I've had conversations with them and none of them relish the idea of a Japan without US protection.

And it is a protection I take seriously. I would lay my life on the line to defend Japan. It's the right thing to do. And I would have done it before I moved here if I had been assigned to Sasebo in Summer 2005 like was planned (resigned instead). We are not occupiers and in the 1940s, the Okinawans called us liberators because Japanese commanders used Okinawans as human shields.

Unfortunately in a navy, marine corps, air force, and army with as much personnel as we have, we are going to get criminals, jerks, and idiots. That is just law of averages. It is hard on all of us when one of those people show up. And commands take it seriously.

So, please tell me where you get your ideas. They do not match up with my experiences.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org