View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post experience - 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
Thermogard, what experience do you have with the USN or Japan? What experience do you have with the USN presence in Japan?...So, I have to wonder how much "field experience" you have with these matters. I've seen the protests, been up close and personal to them
I see no connection between my own military experience and the attitude of native Japanese toward to American servicemen currently located in Japan. Sorry.

Quote:
I was Navy, I currently have an affiliation with the Navy, and I have a civilian job in Japan. Also my coworkers know of my previous position and current affiliation. I've had conversations with them and none of them relish the idea of a Japan without US protection....And it is a protection I take seriously. I would lay my life on the line to defend Japan. It's the right thing to do
LOL. You and your coworkers are Americans, right? So it is normal that you support a point of view of the US Administration.

Quote:
We are not occupiers and in the 1940s, the Okinawans called us liberators because Japanese commanders used Okinawans as human shields.
So, feel free to provide a valid source where Okinawans called Americans as "liberators".

Quote:
So, please tell me where you get your ideas. They do not match up with my experiences.
I got "my ideas' from the Net. For instance :

According to a 2007 Okinawa Times poll, 85% of Okinawans oppose the presence of the U.S. military[17] due to noise pollution from military drills, aircraft accidents, such as one in 1959 which killed 17 people, and environmental degradation[18], and crimes committed by U.S. military personnel.[19] The Okinawan prefectural government and local municipalities have made various withdrawal demands of the U.S. military since the end of WWII[20], but no fundamental solution has ever been undertaken by either the Japanese or U.S. governments.

Wiki

Okinawa Prefecture is still a part of Japan, right?