View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-30-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Hmmm . . .Maybe I've made a topic of meaning or use . . .

Do you think school has a purpouse or is it there to stress you?
Yes, school has a purpose...and it isn't just to stress you. This is a short sighted question that only a young student would ask.

Quote:

Hard subjects, for example, such as Math and Science, especially in high school can be very confusing and in the end, alot of the stuff you learn only people entering certain fields or careers need those skills. I think these should be electives!

Someone said a class for everything Tax should be required and I agree, It's a useful skill so that you are not stressed out. Also like they said, cooking classes as well.
Just curious, how do you learn Taxes without learning Math?

But really, the point of subjects like science and math is not only to fill your brain with facts, but is to teach you HOW to learn. Learning progressively more difficult math techniques expand your mind into seeing things in new ways. Without even thinking about it, your brain will apply these skills to other things in life.

Quote:
Also learning anout World Cultures through language classes!! Our kids are our future! We should teach them how to appreciate culture so that war does not break.
And then you go on to say...

Quote:
One last thing, Politics: How To Be A Future Politic and NOT be Arrogant People Trying to Get Everyone To Live Your Way- America- Nuff said!
Sounds like you might benefit from that World Cultures class you are proposing.

Quote:
Do you think we should still learn the way we do? Or "Prepare for life " In a different way? . . .
Actually I think student should learn more like they did a couple decades ago. It surprises me that students can graduate from high school without taking basics like Algebra, Biology, and at least of couple years of Foreign Languages.