View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-30-2010, 03:30 PM

I feel that the modern education system needs to be reworked. Currently the system is structured around preparing one for an industrialized society. The current system was made in response to the need the industrial revolution generated. We're in the middle of the digital revolution now.

The probably with school systems now, at least public eduction, is that maths, science, and english are all at the top of the pyramid. The arts have constantly remained at the bottom of the spectrum. This combination of raising facts above the arts destroys our creative nature we're gifted with at birth.

We're taught that we should never be wrong, and punished for doing so. We're given creative tools such as glue, pencil crayons, markers, crayons, blocks, scissors, and other materials in the lower grades and are constantly robbed of them piece by piece as we get older. This teaches us to stay on the same line, never think outside the box, and that being creative is wrong.

I believe this is the reason why members of our society are so plagued by their inhibitions. We're so afraid of being wrong we change who we are to satisfy the public eye. This is why actors, actresses, singers, painters, architects, and other artists are so special. These people are not afraid of being wrong, and embrace their creative nature.

Now I'm not saying math, science, and english is not important, because it is. What I'm saying that the arts should be valued equally.

I believe we're going to see a shift in how the education system is managed within the next few decades. A lot of cooperations have started to realize how powerful a creative environment is.

This is one of the reasons google has become so successful, and keeps moving forward with more and more innovative products each year. Just do a quick search of their office floors. Even the architecture is nothing short of amazing.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.