View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

01-31-2010, 12:20 PM

I'd just like to re-quote this paragraph.

Quote:
I'm not saying artists don't bring anything to the world. Because they do, but that effect is minimal. We have no need of artists. We don't require 500 people trying to draw paintings for us. We require teachers, doctors, lawyers, and many others.
I am not saying they are useless in a whole, but the amount of people going for it is immense. In my college, I have around 70% of my year, going for some sort of Art. Biology, Chemistry, and Physics classes only have 3/4 people in it, whereas the Art classes ave around 20 people per class.

Yes, artists are useful. To a point.

But we don't need huge amounts of them.

Quote:
Next time you read the newspaper or go to an online news site, every time you read a magazine, every time you look at information for places you'd like to go... try doing it without photographs.
I read the news, both with papers and online, and I do them without photographs, cause there is no point. The Paparazzi are trained to snap shots of whatever they want you to see, not what is happening.

Looking for information for places to go? You use a map. Directions will do. Are you telling me that you get a visual map for whenever you go to new places?

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -