View Single Post
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-06-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Thinking a person will change after marriage is also a common and severe mistake made by both men and women. We don't change. We just reveal more and more of our true character you failed to notice or convinced yourself was a minor problem.
[...cut...]
Even if you find find your "soulmate" (yes, I believe in the concept) it does not automatically mean you belong together as husband and wife. Traveling with them will reveal how your work together under stress, or don't. Living with someone you are forced to face the reality of all sides of their personality and you will have a better foundation for deciding whether to take it further.
I am going to strongly agree with this too. If you live together, travel together, spend distance apart, etc... And find some "deal breaker" trait in the person - chances are it will NEVER go away. Never ever assume you can change it or that it will go away. In fact, assuming the opposite - that there is at least one more you haven`t seen, and the one you have will only get worse - is probably best. If it is something you cannot stand while in the flash-burn of early love... Imagine how you`ll feel about it once emotions settle down.

Quote:
The reason I believe that American women have changed is they overdo it with the equal rights thing. I feel that they think they need to be in charge to be equal. This is what I sensed while dating some and was married to a American woman. I think this is why marriage is doomed in America.
I think there is a lot of cultural influence pushing women to be like men in order to be "equal". The thing is, women aren`t men, and there are things that never will be the same no matter what they do or how they behave. To pull off normal "feminine" stuff without being considered "lesser" (in their minds), there are too many women who overdo everything - to make up for being a woman they go to extremes in attitude.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong in being equal, just do order me around.
(I am going to assume you meant don`t instead of do there. :P )
Those types of women need to realize that they don`t have to do "everything a man does and better" to be an equal person.

Quote:
Believe me, being a "nice guy" will never get you laid, either. Women are not impressed by your faux niceness or obsequiousness and never will be. Women are attracted to aloof a-holes that treat them indifferently.
That might get you laid, but if that is your only interest in a relationship, why not just pay for it and not worry about the whole getting involved bit?
If you actually want an actual relationship, love, etc... My biggest question when people bring this up is - Would you want to be with the type of woman who would jump into bed with a jerk? Do you think a functional relationship could come of that? Sure, you might catch those girls who you think are hot who are in relationships with jerks... but... what would the point be other than something physical?
Maybe I`m just strange, but I can`t imagine a lasting relationship starting that way. A short fling - maybe. And if you ARE a jerk, you probably wouldn`t be trying to be a nice guy to begin with, so "stopping faking" probably wouldn`t get you what you want either.
The advice to stop acting isn`t going to help the REAL nice guys out there, who seem to get the shortest end of the stick.

ETA; I missed this one.

Quote:
Far more sensible than marriage, though, is getting married by each other's word only, not the state. Then it means something.
It only means something as long as you think it does - not much different than a legal marriage. And the people who would make a commitment that means something are the people who wouldn`t be screwed over by a normal marriage.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 02-06-2010 at 06:44 AM.