(#55 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
my point was that by putting so much emphasis on sex and how it's bad and evil and by protecting teens from it and shooing them away from it, we only make to give sex a big deal.. if we decentralize the notion of sex and it's importance, it won't be such a major emotional issue for people.. it will simply be the process of reproducing.
I agree with this part. Sex is blown out of proportion for what it is. It has become some big secret with myths and mystique, when really it`s a very simple thing - and natural at that.

Quote:
and why should we have to satisfy our desires without another person?... that is the reason why we have those desires.. is so that we'll have sex with eachother.

a person should have sex when they start having the desire for it.
I don`t agree with this.

Masturbation is also natural. You say yourself that sex should be thought of as "the process of reproducing". If we think of it as such, you are saying that people far too young and immature to properly care for a child should be reproducing.
I don`t really think that is what you mean, but it definitely sounds like that.

In the distant distant past, I`m sure that if a couple at 10 or 12 had a baby and were unable to care for it... the baby would simply die. A way of reducing the "stupid enough to have a baby at that age" gene. But the modern world doesn`t really work that way, and you end up with children in bad situations with just enough support to live - but not necessarily enough to grow into mature participants in society.

The sense of mystique and taboo about sex needs to go - I agree. But in it`s place there needs to be proper education, support, and acceptance of other ways to take care of those urges before you`re old enough to properly take care of the potential result.

ETA; I had my period at 8, and had interest in sexual stuff at 9 or 10. But that most definitely doesn`t mean I would have been mature enough to handle the realities and results of such.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 02-06-2010 at 08:53 AM.