(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tini0211 View Post
Hey =)

I'm new to this forum and also looked through some older posts before opening a new thread, but I haven't really found what I'm looking for.
So with this it would be awesome to get some answers from you guys!! *0*

First of all I would like to ask what's the best way of getting to Osaka (from Tokyo)?
I heard about the JR pass thing, but it's so expensive...and I'm not sure, If I can use it for other trips except Osaka.
So other than that there are nightbuses, right? But I don't really get how to book tickets...since one company just replied I could only book them online (and so I have to registrate on that site, which is all in Japanese!! v.v)
Is there another way to get those tickets? Or do you know a site in English or something that could help me?? ;___;
(Btw...are there daybuses as well?)

And other than that...a question concerning subway and suburban train in Tokyo!
A friend of mine told me there are no tickets for a whole week or something like that...just day tickets?? Is that true or can I just buy week tickets at one of those ticket automats at every train station??

Also I would like to say thanks for those helpful threads and answers here at this forum!! <3
The JR pass is only good for JR Trains, some JR Bus and that one JR Ferry. As MMM pointed out, unless you are going to be relyiing on JR's service A LOT, otherwise, the Pass is not worth it.

That said, most major cities and major attraction IS accessible by some form of JR transportation, so depending on where you are going, the JR pass CAN come in handy.

As for day pass and weekly pass, I have never used one myself, some cities (Kyoto for example) have sightseeing bus/train pass. While in Tokyo, a suica maybe a good option, but its not exactly a "rail pass".