Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post
thank you

Yes, that's what I meant sorry!
Some Japanese people call it "oven-toaster", but myself, call it just " toaster"...cos I don' t see many vertical toasters around me here in Japan...so... well.... (this is my "excuse")

Many people use vertical ones in your country?
Yes! It would be much more strange here if someone didn't have a toaster actually. In fact, I can't recall a time seeing a kitchen without a toaster in it. People here like their sandwiches I guess.

Quote:
That looks delicious.
Almost like a rectangular Ring Ding: http://slicedbreadtwo.com/images/uploads/ringding.jpg

Quote:
thank you... but I need to be good... cos I teach English here in Japan... but I still make a lot of mistakes...so I really have to be serious about this, but I am too lazy!
Actually, I can't really find many mistakes in your grammar or spelling. If I didn't know English wasn't your first language to begin with, the thought probably wouldn't even pop into my head.

Quote:
oh sounds like you like cooking!
I have a lisence teaching home economics, but I am not good at cooking and I don't really like cooking... Im lucky cos people around me, they are good at it and cook for me!

Hope you like that nori!
Me neither. I rarely have the patience to cook because usually by the time I decide to eat something, I'm practically starving and can't concentrate on gathering ingredients and cooking them. Plus, I almost always ruin what I try to cook.

Quote:
Yes, I liked it too much and I put +14 kg when I was in Australia.
I love Timtams, but my favourite is chotolate&mint biscuits... I can't find any in Japan...

Oh by the way, what's the difference between cookie and biscuit?
I don't remember ever hearing a clear definition of the two, but to me cookies are generally sweeter than biscuits. There's actually an Italian sub shop right down the street from me that sells these giant cookies that are about a foot in diameter each.

Quote:
I see, thank you! I will call it microwave from now on!
but how about "micro" ? too short?
Probably, at least I've never heard it shortened to micro. But given the right context, I'd assume people would understand.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"