(#51 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

thank you - 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Hee~ it's just a silly joke I made up.
You make a few small mistakes, but often it just seems like a typo rather than an error in your english.
you made it up?
it's not silly, I like it!

Thank you, I am happy to hear that but I will make more mistakes in the near future!

Quote:
Mmm, not yet. I've missed the AEON deadline. I need to keep looking.
You know what?
If you can get your Working Holiday visa, you don't need to wait till you find a company to work for.I think it would be much easier to find a good job when you are in Japan right? come come
Quote:
It's a lovely place! I really enjoyed visiting it. Too bad I could only spend a day there.
My parents place is close to Kamakura maybe less than 30 min by train.
I will visit there next month and take some photo and put here
Quote:
We have hydrangeas. It's true about the soil as well. My grampa used to bury old iron under his hydrangea bushes so they would always flower red. The iron makes it acidic.I have kites living near me too, but they're much smaller and shyer than the ones in Japan!
I see. I thought hydrangea was Japanese thing.
Thank you I learnt a new thing!

I think reguler kites are shy... or won't come close to people like the ones in Kamakura area. I think there are many tourists having some foods near the beach and didn't throw them in the right place, but just leave it...or may be some of them gave their foods to the birds...
It happened to the wild monkeys and bears too...
Quote:
I would say that English has five vowels. In the past Y was also a vowel because it was completely interchangeable with 'I', but we don't use it like that now so much. It's now a constanant that sometimes acts like a vowel.
I see...
Quote:
I grew up in a school where phonics were taught. As well as learning "ABC" as their names; "Ay bee cee" we had to learn sounds as well; "Ah, buh, kuh". We also did a lot of work on spelling and sounds. So, for example, one week would be all about words with a double o in them; "Choose, loose, moose, goose, etc" and we'd have to learn the pronunciation and the spelling. OUGH can be really difficult to learn as it has so many pronunciations. But mostly you learnt to tell by context how things are pronounced; like 'bow' and 'bow', 'bowed' and 'bowed'.
It's the same as '橋', '箸' and '端' in Japanese.
There are not many (Japanese)English teachers teach phonics in Japan...
It's not because they don't want to or don't have to...but they can't.

Japanese language is also complicated isn't it?
all of the はしs you mentioned, Kansai people sound it differently from us in Kanto area.

How many 漢字 you learnt so far?

Please leave your questions about Japanese
I'd be happy if I could help you too.