Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post
you made it up?
it's not silly, I like it!

Thank you, I am happy to hear that but I will make more mistakes in the near future!
*W* I'm sure i'm not the first person to think of it, but yes, amongst my friends I made that up!
It's ok. I make dumb mistakes in Japanese all the time. I spent almost a month calling the 洗濯機 a 飛行機 until someone pointed out i'd gotten it mixed up. >_<;

Quote:
You know what?
If you can get your Working Holiday visa, you don't need to wait till you find a company to work for.I think it would be much easier to find a good job when you are in Japan right? come come
That's one idea! I'm trying to find a part-time job in my hometown right now so I could afford the plane ticket. Even if I didn't find a job, I want to visit my friends in Japan again.

Quote:
My parents place is close to Kamakura maybe less than 30 min by train.
I will visit there next month and take some photo and put here

I see. I thought hydrangea was Japanese thing.
Thank you I learnt a new thing!
Sounds good! I'm going to a place near Wales in April that's famous for it's wild autumn fruits. They should be all flowering by then. Maybe i'll take some pictures too.

[quote=yumyumtimtam;801215] I think reguler kites are shy... or won't come close to people like the ones in Kamakura area. I think there are many tourists having some foods near the beach and didn't throw them in the right place, but just leave it...or may be some of them gave their foods to the birds...
It happened to the wild monkeys and bears too... [quote] We have the same problem with seagulls. I don't live anywhere near the sea but too many people leave food in the park and now there's hundreds of these huge seagulls everywhere. They make an awful mess everywhere and raid other birds' nests so there's now a law that if you catch a seagull you can't put it back into the wild and they fine people if they drop food.

Quote:
There are not many (Japanese)English teachers teach phonics in Japan...
It's not because they don't want to or don't have to...but they can't.
I imagine it's difficult. Japanese people would have to learn the phonics all conciously, and natives, even though they use it perfectly, don't always understand how the rules work unless they've studied it.

Quote:
Japanese language is also complicated isn't it?
all of the はしs you mentioned, Kansai people sound it differently from us in Kanto area.
Hah! That's right, it's so confusing. あ あめ め あ

I can read and write a little under 500 漢字 and I can read about maybe 700 or more kanji but not write them.

Thank you! When I have questions, i'll be sure to ask you.