View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
DarkAngelAthena (Offline)
New to JF

03-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Just to be clear, you are a high school student in Tokyo now?

I think the answer to your question depends on what you are looking for in the future. The four year degree will open more doors in a broader sense in the future, but if it takes a technical degree to get into an animation studio, and that's what you want, then that's the way to go.

But let's make sure animation studios hire foreigners to work for them first. The visa process is a long and complicated one, so why would an animation studio hire you to draw cells when there are qualified Japanese who they can hire without the hassle.

You have to bring something special to any job you apply for, unless you can find another path to permanent residency.
hehe no, I'm not a high school student I am a college student (I just didn't complete my second college year in the US) I see now that a technical school may be an option then... but there is the fact like you said that studios would most likely hire qualified Japanese rather than foreigners, unless they see you have something special... which is understandable, as there are people out there who are insanely talented, and the field itself from what I heard is that you have to be excellent in your work to be considered for job positions. I guess this will give me something to think about during the time left I have in language school, if it does become the next step after completing Japanese courses...

=^.^= =^.^= =^.^= =^.^=

I am deh kitteh =^.^=

Last edited by DarkAngelAthena : 03-07-2010 at 01:35 PM.