View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Nokutetsu
03-07-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm amused you find this as a suprise. I'm very sorry dear, but that's life. Being a musician is a JOB not matter how much you enjoy it. You need to make money to survive and life comfortably.

As a musician myself, I can also say you don't realise how much things cost. For a good band, to have the instruments and amps they need, you're looking at around $30,000+. This does NOT include the rent for a rehersal studio, renting live halls, and paying their managers, managing company, make up artists, technicians and other staff.

Once you have what's left of your profit, you have to devide that by (average of) 5 members. This has to pay for their rent (which is HIGH in Tokyo), food, living expenses, car/transport, flights and travel expenses to go on tour, tourbusses, translators for abroad......the list goes on. It is very, very expensive.

They need to charge the prices for things they do in order to thrive as a band and survive as human beings.

Also.....If you think these people are bad, you should see some of the American artists.

Ahh, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents.