(#11 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There are multiple perspectives, and I since the OP of the other thread hasn't come back to respond I thought it was fair to present the alternative opinion.
Well, just to let you know, I don't necessarily agree with everything the article said (the one I posted). Though there were a few things that I did agree with, I didn't even read it all. I just thought it would make for a good discussion here.

My opinion on health care reform may seem identical to other republicans but before I say anything about this I want to make sure that anyone reading this knows, that this is my opinion. What I'm going to say does not come from anyone's mouth or mind, but my own. So, in all honesty, the reason I thought this is a bad idea is because it's a huge step towards the government having more control over us (the people). In my opinion this is bad - very bad. As a human being, the last thing I want is for someone else (especially the government) to me in control of me and my life, and my health insurance. The government has absolutely no right to force me to do anything, and that is something that I would stand by all the way back when America was being formed (if this brings it into perspective, I think property tax is absolute bull shit and I would get rid of it at any given opportunity. Mind you, that is only one example and I cannot claim a lot of knowledge on other taxes). But I don't know, I see this as our government having a little bit more control, and I don't like that. This country belongs to the people not the government.