View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
So, in all honesty, the reason I thought this is a bad idea is because it's a huge step towards the government having more control over us (the people).
How? Do you mean having everyone be insured? This is a good thing.

Really, explain how you are losing control by the government reigning in the completely out of control insurance industry.

If anything it gives us, US citizens MORE control of our heath care options.

Quote:
In my opinion this is bad - very bad. As a human being, the last thing I want is for someone else (especially the government) to me in control of me and my life, and my health insurance.
Would you rather have elected officials doing this or for-profit corporations who have your health at the bottom of their priority lists?

Quote:
The government has absolutely no right to force me to do anything, and that is something that I would stand by all the way back when America was being formed (if this brings it into perspective, I think property tax is absolute bull shit and I would get rid of it at any given opportunity. Mind you, that is only one example and I cannot claim a lot of knowledge on other taxes). But I don't know, I see this as our government having a little bit more control, and I don't like that. This country belongs to the people not the government.
We do things the government forces us to do everyday. From moving our clocks an hour forward in spring to getting a government issued license to drive a car, living in a society means living by rules, and in our case these rules are determined by elected officials in the government. We need insurance to drive a car (at least in my state) and just as people want other drivers to have car insurance, as people we want everyone to have health insurance. This will save lives (as people will be able to go to the doctor earlier if they are sick) and save money (we pay for people that default on medical bills).