View Single Post
(#45 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Watch that number drop when you ask people who are "in the system" to give their feelings on the return of their investment. It is not an 85% satisfaction rate.
What are you talking about?
Are you saying the 95% of the 85% that have insurance have never used their insurance before? sooo you are saying on average if the insruance company is not paying out more than what you are paying in premiums, then its a bad investment and people are not satisfied?

Thats like saying I'm going to have a accident with my car in order to get a good return on my investment in car insurnace?

Awww I'd didn't get sick and use my insurance but I still had to pay my premiums... those evil greed insruance comapnies.

Quote:

Is that what I said? No.

Like software companies and car dealers, insurance companies are in the business of making money. Not of helping the sick.

Profit is not evil. However, when your job is to provide the best medical service of your customers, and you don't do that in the simple interest of making multi-million dollar bonuses for the CEOs of the company I think that is deplorable. The Humane Society is not for profit. Puppy farms are for profit. If you were a dog, where would you rather be?
Your comparisons, as usual, escape me. Tell me again how it is like paving roads or like fire/police. I love that comparison.

So then a health insurance company that hasn't raised their rates and is excellant of covering policies, but has multi-million dollar bonuses and salary is okay right? I'm talking about the up an up ones. And that is a majority of them.

Do you have a problem with doctors making a big salaray?

Quote:
The Postal Service is the only government agency that receives no money from taxes. It is forced to be self-sufficient. Why is it losing money? Because people don't write letters any more.
HA! I guess all the Ecommerce just doesn't have any affect in this modern age of E-mail.
Weak MMM... weak.. [psst.. thats not the reason]

Quote:
I am sorry Clint, but I am not going to go through all your points...there just aren't enough hours in the day. After Darksyndrem basically assed out after two days of discussion, I just am not going to put much more time into this.

Cop out? Maybe. I agree with much of what you are saying, and the frustration comes from so many question marks. Do I think the bill that passed is perfect? No. I am not going to pretend to completely understand it, but I am going to put a little faith in the idea that it is a big step in the right direction and a direction I believe in.
Thats fine... you can just sit back and listen; however its obvious I'm waisting my breath on you, but maybe somebody else might pop up in this.

You start a thread on how great this is... you state the utopia of government control of health care...you state how much money you will save in your struggling situation (pssstt THERE IS NONE in the case you described)... Obama promised the world... Health care is a right and you never be denied anything as far as health care.... I can play the speeches for you... yet here we are... medicare is being cut and health insurance companies are demonized.

You completely ignored the other failures of government I listed... the most important ones... GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE!!!!! We are going to have government crush private health insurance, then they control it, and run it like medicare, the DMV, or IRS? Why do you have so much trust in government to save you when you see these failures of governmetn run program and a national debt of this size? What is wrong with you?

Now we are cutting Medicare and cutting more into Social Security to fund this new program because the old ones failed? Now the government going to tell us what policies to buy; and that I will buy this company's product or I'll be fined or jailed? What is this?

This is the biggest disaster of Tyranny the States has seen and I don't know when. Once the government have control health care, then they can control the corner stone of society. This design is to topple Private owned health insurance comapnies, then the government can move in to "bail them out" and control.

This is why the cost of health care was never addressed. Got to go after the rich evil health insurance companies to start... then slowly chip away at other system.

Why does the health care bill have a portion that states the government is the only enttity that can give student loans now? The government is now in control "completely" on who goes to school and who doesn't. Great reason to tax some more.

Sure... sounds like a wild eyed Tea partier? Nope, it was the majority of the American people saying this and the representives making back room deals and ignoring the public. Maybe... but I don't like -isms this group is leading us to.

Quote:
If this bill really is the hell storm that some politicians would have us believe, then that will come to fruition and we'll see those that voted for it get voted out of office for causing so much pain and bankruptcy, etc.
I think this bill is the first step of a reform of a system that needs work.
ITS TOO LATE! THATS THE POINT. IT HAS SIGNED IT INTO LAW. The governmetn doesn't reliquish power. It doesn't scale back programs, entitlements, waist, fighting wars: THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN A IMPOSSIBLE DEFICIT! AND YET PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF EGG THIS ON. DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THE SIZE OF DEBT
THIS COUNTRY IS IN? HOW CAN YOU TELL ME WE ARE GOING TO RECOVER?

You utterly refuse to answer the question why this bill did not address the issue of solving the problem of rising health care costs and instead demonized the insurance companies instead. Medicare is the biggest denier of coverage out of ALL the private health insruance companies.

HOW MANY DEMOCRATS VOTED NO ON THIS BILL WITH THE FINAL VOTE? WHY DID THIS GO ON SO LONG WHEN A MAJORITY OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE WAS DEMOCRAT? WHY DID THE TRY A PASS WITHOUT A VOTE BEFORE THEY FOUND OUT IT THEY COULND'T.

Majority of the American people my ass.

Quote:
If 85% of people (that are insured) really were satisfied with their health care, then why do more people support universal health care than private corporate health care?
The same lies that contine to demonize the health insruance industry. Becuase people such as yourself have never experience government health industry such as the rationing/delays Canadian or the costs of the UK....

The president is a habitual liar and that is why last week his approval rating dropped to 43%, one percent away from no return.

Quote:
At this point I am going to leave it at that, as anything more will be repetition.
This is a big f---in deal.
-Biden

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Last edited by clintjm : 03-24-2010 at 07:45 AM.