View Single Post
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukai View Post
Hello, sorry if my question has already been ansered but I read the thread for a couple hours but had to give up and skip to the last page.

I live in the UK, and even though I'm still only 15 at the moment, I am hoping to go to university after I finish college (which I start in September). At uni, I would like to take Japanese Studies; a 4 year course which includes one year studing in a Japanese university. I thought this would be a good idea as it merges spending time in Japan, learning the language and culture and the degree needed if you want to live there perminantly which I do.

However what I'm wondering is, would having a degree in Japanese Studies be of any advantage at all when it comes to applying for a job there or will any ol' degree do?

By the way I am very impressed by the length of the thread and am very grateful to everyone who has posted on here as it has all been very useful to me.

What type of a job do you want, though? That's the main thing. The Japanese skill will be good and all, but you have to keep in mind that there are Japanese natives already there that can already speak the language fluently, already know their own culture, and have skills outside of just those. Seems having those two skills wouldn't be enough. What type of a job do you want, even if Japan wasn't an option?