View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Blitzwing85 (Offline)
マーク - 戦士

03-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me. Obviously a lot of travelling involved but i just did a similar thing in Egypt last week and although tiring, it didn't spoil the holiday.

I'm not sure how long it takes to Japan from BC, but i live in the UK and it takes about 20 hours, plus a 9 hour time difference meaning i lose an entire day.
So i'm looking at going for 3 weeks and spending some time with a Japanese family in Kyoto.
Obviously in my case it'll just be myself and my partner and i've never been and have no relatives there so i feel it's the best way for me to experience the culture.

Hotels seem reasonable to be honest. I expected them to be more expensive. I usually stay in 5* accomodation, and the 4* and 4.5* hotels in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka seem very reasonably priced. On par with Las Vegas, which i visit frequently and find luxury accomodation is cheap. (compared to the Uk at least).

Anyway, i'm jelous...i wish i was going. But i've just got back from holiday, and have Vegas in June. So it'll be 2011, maybe even 2012 before i visit Japan!!