View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-01-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
Whenever I read reviews about anime/manga/jdrama or read something related to it, I come across people that have to put japanese words in their sentences.

Like this:

This are all real examples from Jdorama.com - and what the hell is this!? Why do so many people who're interested in Japanese entertainment act like utter retards?

Can't you just type proper English without the ^_^ kawaii kekkoiii sugu Yamapiii?

Honestly I cannot tell you about people on those sites. I have no idea who they are nor their level of Japanese.
But I will say this, I live in Japan and have for quite some time. And I find myself using Japanese words when talking with other foreigners who can speak Japanese sometimes, despite the fact that we are talking in English. I think my most common words are "keitai", "konbini" and "nomihoudai". Honestly though this is not such an uncommon process I think among people who are learning a language. As for the people on those sites.. who knows,.. they might be just a bunch of kids trying to act cool or whatever. But for me it has just become a habit due to my surroundings and extensive studying of the language.

Last edited by RickOShay : 04-01-2010 at 04:06 AM.