View Single Post
(#50 (permalink))
Old
HarajukuLima (Offline)
New to JF

Thaaaank you. :) - 04-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
This is depressing. Let's put aside the right wingnuts teabagging about "government takeover" for a second, such as the global warming denialist coco above. The amount of people swallowing this tripe is depressing. The fact remains that no serious reform took place, not from an economic standpoint. The insurance companies still can and will raise costs to leech the economy with their monopoly status. True reform will be the public option, which is something that will never happen because both parties in the U.S. are owned by corporations.
Here, here Zyone! It isn't universal health care, but it's a start. I highly doubt that the public option will be incredibly expensive. No one will buy into it if it is...simple as that. I know it sounds like such a cut and dry plan, but that really IS the case. Some insurance is better than none. And I highly doubt that they're going to make people pay $300 for a visit to the band-aid station. However, even if dental isn't covered, I'm sure it'll be an improvement on prescription costs and so on.

My fiance's dad just underwent MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Heart Surgery. With any luck, the thousands and thousands of dollars he owes will disappear.....or at least be greatly diminished. Most people die before they can even make a payment and it's really sad.