View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post The speculation - 04-11-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
The speculation is coming in a bit fast from both sides, but I suppose that is to be expected. Could be a very well be a combination or pilot error, illegal use of GPS, a demanding president and airplane failure.
quote :

A top Russian military official said air traffic controllers at the Smolensk airport had several times ordered the crew of the plane not to land, warned that it was descending below the glide path, and recommended it reroute to another airport...."Nevertheless, the crew continued the descent,’’ said Lieutenant general Aleksandr Alyoshin, the first deputy chief of the Russian Air Force Staff. “Unfortunately, the result was tragic.’’ Both black boxes detailing data and transmissions from the plane were found at the crash site.

The presidential plane was fully overhauled in December, the general director of the Aviakor aviation maintenance plant in Samara, Russia told Rossiya-24. The plant repaired the plane’s three engines, retrofitted electronic and navigation equipment, and updated the interior, Alexei Gusev said. He said there could be no doubts that the plane was flightworthy.

Source

Which "navigation equipment" mr Gusev told about, I wonder? And I think they will publish in a wide media certain info from flight data / voice recorders (aka black boxes) ASAP.