(#6 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandakku View Post
So, I'm supposed to write out a composition paper, and include a few things like:

I'd start it off something like: Welcome to my house. (Is that said: "Uchi e youkoso"?)

Next: Watashi no "Chandula" ni arimasu.

Watashi wa uchi no ushiro ni shinshitsu ga imasu. My bedroom is at the back of the house.

Kirei na uchi imasen. My house is not pretty/clean.

Inu wa urusai arimasu.

Uchi ga suki desu.

Shinshitsu ga kirai desu.

Bye, I'll see you later: Ja mata.

So far, so good?
MMM pointed out all the things that need correction, but I'm going to address a few things that seem pretty big to me.
First, 'Kireina uchi imasen' sounds to me like 'There isn't a pretty house', also, you use iru for living, animate objects. If you were to phrase it like this (which sounds weird to me), you would say Kireina uchi arimasen (きれいなうちありません). You're writing a composition, too, so you're totally missing any particles in here. It would sound more natural if you phrased it like 'The house isn't pretty/clean', and you'll use desu(です), not aru(ある). I'll let you try to do this.

Also, to WoHenNi, きれいじゃないうちです sounds weird too >_> why go through the trouble of making a relative clause when you could construct a simpler sentence with (noun)は(adjective)です (changing です, of course, but I'm trying to help OP do this themself).

(Gonna post more after class, will edit in a few hours)