View Single Post
(#191 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadron View Post
ok you are starting to convince me so what to do in situation when both parents need to speak with kid at one time?

which language should they speak? still each of theirs?
They simply switch between the languages. I have Norwegian cousins that do the same. I think it has been mentioned before, do not underestimate the power of the mind.

So you think I am okay in what I am doing then Nyororin? If and when we move to Japan I plan to label everything in the house with an English/Japanese label it is going to look like a shop. I am already teaching him phonics using Jolly Phonics inspired songs and gestures. He just sits there and looks at me smiling, but there is no harm in starting as early as possible. I sing the JP songs in the shower all the time anyway being a P1 teacher. Hehe.

My wife speaks to him in Japanese and has a few lovely books that she reads to him, as well as singing Japanese nursery rhymes from a CD her Mum sent us over. We are having lots of fun with him the moment, and it is going to be a wonderful day when he says his first word!