View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Bingo. Government enforced harassment of legal citizens based on skin color.
Bingo what?
WHERE IS THE SKIN COLOR OR RACE WRITTEN INTO THE BILL?
What if the driver can't speak English? Can state law enforcement ask them then? They could ask any one they want. They could ask a 73 year old white lady if they wanted to if it fits the profile of possibly being in the country illegally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Read the law: "LAWFUL CONTACT". What is lawful contact? Lawful contact means a cop can question you for any reason. Here it is SUSPICION that you are illegal. As you stated above, most illegals are people of color. There it is. If you are brown, you are suspicious of being an illegal immigrant.

Let's say I am a Latino man born in Phoenix, AZ. Just by the fact that I am a person of color, I am a suspect. Sorry, I don't have a green card. I am not an immigrant. But now I have to have a different level of paperwork ...have to carry my original birth certificate or valid passport around with me ...where my white neighbor doesn't.

Police rights to stop anyone at any time and detain them for not having proof of citizenship on their person.

That's a pretty big one, Clint.
You said it, they can stop ANYONE. It is then NOT Racial!
Are you against the police questioning ANYONE about their immigration status?

I don't see anything in the bill about carrying a passport or birth certificate.
In Arizona a legal/real State ID or State DL is allowed because they actually do background checks unlike some states.

What country are you going to go that doesn't already do this?

Last edited by clintjm : 04-27-2010 at 11:11 PM.