View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You answered your own question. Reasonable Suspicion. That's a nice way of saying Racial Profiling. Like you said, most of the people in Arizona illegally are from south of the border. Therefore if you look like an immigrant then you are automatically a suspect of being an illegal immigrant.

Even if you are an American born 100% pure citizen.

I don't see how you could support this, Clint. This seems to go against everything you believe in, assuming you think citizens of color have the same rights as white citizens.
Thank goodness we have a translator here to tell us what Reasonable Suspicion is a nice way of saying Racial profiling.

Again the lawful contact refers to having someone engaged in suspicious activity. That suspicious activity doesn't include being in the country illegally alone.

Walking down main street... NO.
Walking along the side of the border. Yes.
Not being able to produce ID and not speaking English. Yes.

Yes I do agree even though law enforcement won't be questioning a lot of white or black individuals on the street; it doesn't mean that it isn't going to happen. INDIRECTLY this is racial profiling, but the fact is the PROBLEM is with people of racial background from south of the border in Arizona.

Would you be happy with law enforcement being required to ask for State ID or DL for ALL individuals to be politically correct or just not being allowed to question anyone immigration status?

Don't tell me what I believe in buddy boy. Why don't you just come on out and say I'm a racist for backing this.

I have no problem with being asked for State ID or DL if I lived on a border state with problems resulting from illegals.

I see... we'll never be able to ask anyone of any of any race their immigration status because their exists more than one race on the face of the planet.

Sticking your thumb in your mouth and saying fining businesses is going to fix this major problem isn't going to work. Illegals come here for all kinds of things, besides work.

Last edited by clintjm : 04-27-2010 at 11:16 PM.